Your CRM systems stores personal information of all your customers, prospects and leads. With the POPI expected to come in next year, you need to ensure you protect this data. Although BluWave Software is stored on a secure server, you need to create a strong password to prevent people logging onto your profile to download data. Did you know nearly 17% of users use the password “123456” to safeguard their accounts?
Here is a list of the 25 most common passwords of 2016 (According to Keeper Security):
Is your password on this list? If yes, then it is time to update your password. Tips to ensure your accounts are safe:
- Don’t use one password for all your accounts: Otherwise, hackers could easily access all your different accounts.
- Avoid entering passwords on computers at an internet café or library: These computers may have malware on that steals your password.
- Avoid entering passwords when using an unsecured WI-FI connection: Hackers can gain access to your data and passwords over an unsecured connection.
- You should change your password every few months.
- Create a password that is at least 8 characters long: Include capital letters, numbers and symbols.
- Make sure your devices are properly secured: Make sure you use comprehensive security software that is always up to date – This will help you avoid keyloggers and other malware.
Please note these rules don’t only apply to your BluWave profile – make sure you follow these rules for all your online accounts from social media to your online banking profile.