E-mail Marketing: Every email sent to a potential or current lead could be considered email marketing. Email marketing is very inexpensive and has a fast turn around and quick results. Permission is also required for email marketing. Below are steps to ensure you get success out of your email marketing campaigns. 1) Build & Define:
Build and define your customer and lead data base to get a healthy full list of recipients to send to. You should also define who your recipients are, to ensure your e-mails are going to the correct target market. Here are a few points on building your database.
- Define your desired target audience. These are the people you will send the email to.
- Create a Compelling sign up form on your website, blog or social media pages.
- Promoting an online contest.
- Encourage your current email subscribers to share and forward your emails.
- Offer an Awesome Free Gift to Subscribers.
- Define your objectives for each marketing e-mail you send.
- Use a database like BluWave CRM
If this step is done well you will have a greater chance of achieving your desired outcome. 2) Create Your Marketing E-mail:
You should take time and put in effort in creating your marketing e-mail. Below are some tips for creating a marketing e-mail.
- Keep it focused and to the point.
- Do some research on the contents of your email so all your points are real and trustworthy.
- Be creative and make your email attractive. Select a layout that matches with your company image.
- Create an attention catching subject line.
- Make use of visual material to make it more appealing.
- Give your readers tips and guidelines on your product.
- Send content that is related to your product or service.
- Provide social links so your customers can engage with you.
- Have an unsubscribe button.
- Having a call to action is very important.
You will need to do a test on your e-mail before you send it out. Here are some of the tests you should perform:
- You should run a spam check to make sure your email goes straight through to your recipients' inbox.
- You should send the email to different devices (Desktop, Mobile, and Tablet) to ensure your layout stays the same throughout.
- Test all the links you have in your email.
Once you have tested your email and corrected all the mistakes, you can now send it to your recipients. You will need to decide on the date and time to send the e-mail. You can either send your e-mail straight away or schedule it for a later time. We at BluWave find morning is the best time. 5) Track & Analyse:
Now that your e-mail has been sent you should track and analyse the results real time. Look at the report in say a weeks' time to get the final result. Here are the factors you should analyse with a view to refining your next email shot.
Making Use of a Third Party Emailing Software.
- Number of emails successfully sent.
- Open rate - Is the number of times your email has been opened by your recipients.
- Bounce rate - bounce is an undelivered email. An email could bounce due to a spelling error in the address, a full inbox, a technical glitch, or any other variety of reasons. We'll always show you the reason for each bounce we display on your reports, so you can fix them
- The amount of times a link has been clicked.
- Unsubscribe rate - The addresses in this list clicked the Safe Unsubscribe link within the email, essentially telling you to stop sending them emails
- Spam report - This report shows you the number of times that your email was considered either unwanted or unsolicited by a recipient. Generating high levels of spam complaints can negatively affect your reputation as an email marketer.
There are a number of online companies that provide e-mail marketing solutions such as touch base pro, Mail Chimp or Constant Contact. These solutions make email marketing a less of a burden and have many features available so you can create the perfect marketing email. We at BluWave use Constant Contact to send out our BluWave newsletters. Two Important Rules!
1) Don't send too many emails a month as you could annoy the email recipients and then they will either ignore your future emails or mark you as spam or unsubscribe. Weekly or twice monthly should be acceptable as long as the content is useful to the target reader.
2) Don't forget to add your contact details such as:
- An E-mail addresses your recipients can reply.
- Phone numbers they can call.
- Use a capture form