Running a business requires lots of effort and patience and it is really not an easy task. The marketing side of a business is seen by many as being one of the most difficult part of running a business.
There are many marketing strategies to choose from that won’t leave your pockets dry. Here are two areas we suggest you focus on: 1) Digital Marketing: These days whether you are a B2B or B2C company, your clients will go to the internet to do some research on the product or service that you provide. Tips on digital Marketing:
2) Get Social: In this day and age social media is being used by B2C and B2B clients to find businesses, in fact people search social media just as much as they search through search engines. Tips on Social Media Marketing:
- Make sure you have a live website - with your basic information, such as your product or service you provide, phone number, hours of operation and business address. – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Create PPC campaigns such as Google AdWords or Bing Ads.
- Create Email Marketing campaigns.
- Get listed on local search directories.
- Have a blog site that is related to your product/service and the industry that you are in.
- Find out where your target customers spend most of their time on social media, whether that’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram, Google +, YouTube, and create a presence there.
- By posting and sharing relevant content that helps your customers solve their problems, your business can become known as a valuable resource.
- Be sure to track the results of your social media campaign — such as likes and shares but remember the main thing to track is the sales you generate through social media.
Please note that the above tasks are time consuming and as a small business owner you may not have time to do them. We recommend that you outsource these tasks, you get many companies around South Africa that provide web design services, SEO services, bloggings service and social media services.