Google AdWords is an advertising service by Google for businesses that would want to have an advert displayed on Google and its advertising networks.
How it works:
When someone clicks one of your Ads they will be taking to specific page on your website known as a landing page – it is best to create a specific landing page for your Google AdWords Campaign, on this page you will have some sort of form (free e-book, free trial, contact us form) to capture a lead’s details and don’t forget about BluWave Leads Web Services where when someone fills out your form their details will be taken straight to your BluWave CRM system. If would like to set up a BluWave Leads Web Service with your website just contact our support line on (011) 462 6871
- Pricing: AdWords won’t charge you for displaying ads. Instead, you pay only when someone clicks your ad, views your video on YouTube or calls your business. All you have to do is set up a daily budget.
The different types of targeting:
- Targeting: Targeting ads so they show to the right customers is an essential part of a successful advertising campaign.
There are different types of adverts you can make use of:
- Keyword targeting: Choose words or phrases that are related to your product or service so your ads appear when users use those terms to search on Google or search partner sites.
- Location and language targeting: Choose the language and geographic locations that you would like to target. You can target potential customer’s locations by their country, region or city.
- Device targeting: Show your ads to the right people across all devices, based on their specific location, time of day, and device type.
- Audience targeting: Show your ads to people who have previously visited your site by using re-marketing lists for search ads
- Search Ads: Search ads appear next to Google search results when people look for products and services you offer. And, you only pay when people click to visit your website or call your business.
- Video Ads: Video ads are shown only to the people you want and you only pay when they watch. In other words, you won’t waste money advertising to people who aren't interested in your business.
- App Ads: App ads are a simple way to promote your app to iOS or Android users on Google
The different types of display ads:
- Display Ads: AdWords display ads appear on over two million websites and in over 650,000 apps, so your ad can show up wherever your audience is.
Benefits of displaying your Ads on Google AdWords:
- Text: Like an ad on Google Search, display ads include a headline, two lines of text and a URL.
- Banner: With images or rich media, these ads let you include customised layouts, interactive elements, animations and more.
- Google Mail: Show custom ads in Gmail so people can save, forward and expand your ad in their inbox.
- App: Create a campaign targeting specific mobile app categories, or track the performance of the in-app ads you’re already running.
- Measurable performance – see which ads are working.
- It is Flexible- There are many different options you use to customise your campaigns and ads
- Attract more customers - Whether you’re looking to bring in new website visitors, expand online sales, get the phones ringing or keep customers coming back for more.
- Advertise locally or globally - Target your ads to customers in certain countries, regions or cities – or within a set distance from your business or shop.
- Reach the right people at the right time.
To get more information on Google AdWords Visit Google's AdWords Help Center: www.support.google.com/adwords#topic=3119071