Most people have heard of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, but a surprising number of companies don’t actually use them in their business. There are many reasons for this: they’re seen as costly, time consuming to set up, and then difficult to use once they’ve been implemented – especially for all the technophobes out there. But the reality is, not having one can cost you time and money as your sales process doesn’t work as efficiently as it should.
Here are 8 signs that you need to invest in a CRM system:
1. Each of your departments has a separate filing cabinet to track their clients’ information – meaning that each department communicates with them separately.
2. Your sales department speaks to many customers, one of whom is still waiting for information or feedback from them.
3. It seems to take forever to manually segment your customers.
4. When an employee leaves your organisation, all the history they have with their clients disappears. It feels like the replacement employee has to start the customer relationship afresh – and the customer is very aware of this too.
5. Your salespeople take too long to follow up on leads – only to find that another competitor has followed up with the potential customer already.
6. Once your salespeople get in touch with that lead – they realise that the customer has already purchased from your competitor.
7. You can’t access your customer and sales information while on the move, and your filing cabinet doesn’t travel too well.
8. You feel like you’ve entered the same contact details in many different spreadsheets – and you probably have.
If this sounds like your business, the inefficiencies in your sales process could actually be costing you much more time and money than investing in a CRM system. With proper training and company-wide buy in, you can track and manage the sales process far better – allowing you to close even more deals and take your business to another level.
Interested in how BluWave CRM can help you do this? Read more about its features, or contact us to find out more.